Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Definition of "Community"

As I talk to people about our library, I talk about the "community" we serve. For the sake of clarification when I talk about "community", I am referring to our "library community" at large. I am not talking about Collinsville, Fairmont City, Maryville, Caseyville or any other individual corporate entity.
At this moment the MVPLD's community is within the city limits of Collinsville and due to the grant received from the Illinois State Library (read the article in this Blog called "Demonstration Grants from the Il State Library Awarded to Local Libraries"), we, along with other libraries in the area, are able to give 'FREE' library cards to everyone who lives in the Unit 10 School District and Fairmont City.
Our goal as a Library Community is to offer this service to all who find a need for it and to listen to what those needs might be.