There are some things going on that I don't want you to miss at the Collinsville Library.
Blum House Book Club
- June 28th at 6:30 pm in the Blum House
"Other Voices, Other Rooms" by Truman Capote
- July 26th at 6:30 pm in the Blum Hosue
"Lapham Rising" by Roger Rosenblatt
- July 1st at 11:00 am in the Library Community Room
Everyone welcome to a program all about immigrating to America and the immigrants experience here in the Melting Pot of the World. Special speakers share their stories, refreshments will be provided and prizes will be given out.
- July 13th at 6:30pm in the Blum House
Laurie Flori (Carlinville, IL) will present her book "Additionally Speaking: The saga behind the largest collective of Sears Homes in the World" and will lead a discussion on local Sears Homes and similar architecture.
- August 17th at 6:30pm in the Blum House
Jacque Weiss (Cahokia, IL) will speak on her chapter in the book "Inspiration to Realization". She is working on workshops to help individuals enrich their lives.
- Other Booktalks TBA authors will be September 14th, October 12th and November 9th.
- July 27th at 6:00 pm in the Library Community Room. Topic will be "Libraries".
- August 24th at 6:00 pm in the Library Community Room. Topic will be "Maps".
- Registration ends June 30th...
Lots of activities and awards for a summer of fun
For more information call 344-1112 and ask for the Children's Department.
- This program at the Library is 'a meet and greet' on the First Friday of every month. There are donuts, juice and coffee - checkers - a radio program - cards - and a lot of good conversation. Hope you will stop in and say 'hi' on these days.