Monday, November 26, 2012

'Tis the Season for Christmas Music


'Tis the season for Christmas music, and the Collinsville Memorial Library Center has got you covered. Our large collection of holiday music has everything from classic Bing Crosby recordings to a quickie cash-in album by forgotten boy band All-4-One, with a whole lot in-between and several new Christmas releases added every year. In fact, with so much holiday music to choose from we asked a few of our staff members to share some of  their favorite Christmas songs and records. Shockingly, no one selected Rosie O'Donnell's A Rosie Christmas.

Leslee recommends the album These Are Special Times by Celine Dion. "I love her version of 'O Holy Night', that is a great great song!"

Courtney really likes the progressive edge that Trans-Siberian Orchestra adds to seasonal music. "I've seen them in concert like three times, and they're always spectacular."

Jed's pick is Under the Mistletoe by Justin Bieber. "People might think I'm just trying to be funny, but I'm not! I sincerely love this record."

Terry gets into the holiday spirit with Bob Dylan's Christmas in the Heart. "The WTF factor for this album is through the roof. But it's more than just bizarre, it's also bizarrely endearing."

Grahm digs Mistletoe Jam by The Christmas Jug Band. "Ain't no party like a jug band Christmas party y'all."

Theo can't get enough of the song 'All I Want for Christmas is You' by Mariah Carey. "I just love Christmas music in general, it's my favorite part of the season really."

And the final word (as always) goes to Barb, who recommends "anything sung by Dean Martin. I love Dean Martin."

Posted by Grahm Underwood, Library Clerk