Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cecilia's Ideal Bookshelf

Cecilia has excellent taste in books! Check out her ideal bookshelf and read about her favorite books below:

As you can see, most of my favorite books stem from my childhood. They are the books that mean the most to me because they started me on my love of reading.

Alice In Wonderland/Through The Looking Glass so enthralled me as a child that I never returned the book to the school library. (my parents probably had to pay for it, and I still own it). It is the only book that I have read over and over. My second grade teacher read Charlotte's Web to us in class and I can still remember how excited I was to go to school the next day just to hear the next chapter.

Dr. Seuss and Roald Dahl took me to the best places to meet such great characters, and Ordinary Amos, Tiger In The Basement, and The Great Bunny Caper were my childrens' favorite books read over and over (almost to the point of nausea) but I treasure them now. And what would the world be without a dictionary to define all those wonderful words for me. So my bookshelf might look immature to the untrained eye but they are HUGE in my heart.




--Alison Donnelly, Children's Librarian