Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Seven Questions with Staff - Terry


Here at the library, we're always looking for ways to help our patrons get to know our staff a little bit better. In our continued efforts to do so, we're unveiling a "Seven Questions with Staff" series of blog and Facebook posts over the next few months. Each member of our staff will be asked seven questions. We hope you enjoy their (sometimes silly) replies as much as we do!

We're starting off the series with Terry. Terry has been with us at the library since September 2012. In that time, he has transitioned from being a Page to a Clerk. A film student at ASU, Terry regularly contributes cinema related writing to the blog and is always happy to provide a recommendation for a movie at the front desk. In his free time, Terry runs a YouTube page with millions (no joke!) of views dedicated to his stop motion videos and exhibits his paintings around the St. Louis area.

Q: What's your favorite restaurant in Collinsville?
A: The Sandwich Shop. I regularly spend my lunch breaks there.

Q: What's the last TV show that you binge-watched?
A: Unfortunately, it was "2 Broke Girls". I'm not proud of that.

Q: If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?
A: Probably Will Friedle. I've actually been mistaken for him before. In my wishful thinking universe, it would be Johnny Depp.

Q: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? 
A: I would have to say "Baseball's Best Burger" at the Gateway Grizzlies game in GCS Stadium. It is true decadence - a Bacon Cheeseburger with a Krispy Kreme Glazed Donut as a bun.

Q: Which letter of the alphabet describes you best?
A: "T". I imagine most people would pick a prominent letter in their name. My second pick would be "Y"!

Q: What's your favorite movie?
A: If I had to pick just one movie, it would probably be The Dark Knight. I find it more efficient to represent my tastes by listing my favorite directors - Tim Burton, Quentin Tarantino, Peter Jackson and (of course) Steven Spielberg.

Q: Would you rather be a giant rodent or a tiny elephant?
A: Definitely a tiny elephant.

Posted by Jed Robbins, Library Assistant