Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Seven Questions with Staff - Theresa


Time for the next installment of our "Seven Questions with Staff" series! Today's edition features Theresa, the Head of Circulation at the Collinsville Memorial Library Center. When she's not at work, she's usually spending time with her husband and children...or just running them to all of the different activities that they're involved with! We hope you learn a little about Theresa from her replies to our questions.

Q: If you were paid to write a new book on any subject you wished, what would it be about?
A: I'd love to write a comedy about stupid things that people say and do that I encounter on a daily basis.

Q: What is your daily routine?
A: Boy do I ever have a routine...! Wake up. Kids. Work. Kids. Dinner. Kids. Kids. Kids. Kids... See the routine?! Hahahaha!

Q: What are five things you are grateful for?
A: I am grateful for so many things, but the first five I can think of would be my family, hot showers, a good book, public trash removal and pens that write nicely!

Q: Where do you shop the most?
A: Unfortunately right now with all of the construction going on around town, I have been mostly shopping at Wal-Mart.

Q: If you could buy the Catsup Bottle, what would you do with it?
A: If I could buy the Catsup Bottle, I would leave it right where it is. I would make sure it was freshly painted each year, and Santa would climb up before Christmas...and then leave after. I would turn the warehouse into an indoor play/skate park, arcade and hot dog cafe.

Q: Which famous entertainer would you like to see return from the dead?
A: I'm not sure I would want any dead entertainers coming back to life; wouldn't that mean a zombie apocalypse?!

Q: Which foreign language would you most like to learn and why?
A: The language I would most like to learn is French. My dream is to one day (when my kids are all grown) to visit the Polynesian island Bora Bora. Other than English, French and Tahitian are the native language, and I know if I could speak the native language, I might never come back home and live out the rest of my life in a bungalow over a lagoon and coral reefs.

Posted by Jed Robbins, Library Assistant