Today Theo brings us his signature recipe for a Holiday staple.
2 tbs. dried parsley
2 tbs. rosemary
2 tbs. sage
2 tbs. thyme leaves
1 tbs. lemon pepper
Orange or apple
1 can of chicken broth
Butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Wash off the turkey (remove the gizzards and neck part) and smother it with butter or margarine.
3. Create herb mixture (parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme leaves, lemon pepper) and put it into the cavity of the turkey and sprinkle it all over the turkey.
4. Stuff turkey with celery, onion, orange or apple, carrots, bell pepper
5. Put turkey into oven bag
6. Pour chicken broth over turkey
7. Bake it covered for three hours until it's no longer pink.
8. Uncover turkey and continue baking for another hour.
For best results, wash, season and stuff turkey the night before Thanksgiving or Christmas and put turkey in the fridge so it can marinate. Then, put it in the oven the next morning
For more seasonal recipes check out one of our holiday cookbooks. The library has a great selection of holiday recipe books that can be found in the nonfiction section both on the main floor and children’s floor. We have a large variety of seasonal reading so also be sure to browse our holiday displays. Happy Holidays!
Recipe: Theo Tate, Library Clerk
Posted By: Terry Pierson, Library Clerk