Our summer reading program kicks off this week and runs until July 25. Reading programs are available for kids, teens, and adults. Here's how they work:
ADULTS & TEENS:
- Pick up a reading log at registration.
- Either read 6 books or attend 2 library programs and write them in the log.
- Turn in your finished reading log including name, address, and phone number at the main desk for a chance to win prizes, such as Raging Rivers passes, e-readers, Missouri Botanical Garden tickets, book bundles, and a month of free music lessons from Swing City.
- Grab a new log and start over! The more you read or participate in programs, the more chances you have to win prizes.
- Set a reading goal (how many hours--at least 10--you'll read over the summer) when you register.
- When you reach halfway to your goal you'll receive 2 tickets to a Gateway Grizzlies game.
- Reach your goal and receive a free candy bar from Russell Stover and 25 tickets to spend at the Family Fun Carnival store.
- Play games at the Carnival to win more tickets. By attending the Carnival you'll be entered for a chance to win our grand prize: St. Louis Cardinals tickets!
As part of our summer-long reading program, we also have a full calendar of awesome free events for all ages. This week you can join us for:
For more information, please drop in or give us a call at 618-344-1112. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Posted by Kyla Waltermire, Adult Services Librarian