Ashley Hylsky has been with the library for seven years, working her way up the ladder the old-fashioned way, through hard work and perseverance. Ashley is in a food coma from this delicious Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake recipe and thus was unable to say anything more than "Mmmmmm, this is so tasty".
Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake
Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 6 hr. 10 min.
- 24 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) KRAFT Caramels
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Microwave caramels and milk in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute. Stir in nuts; pour half into crust. Refrigerate 10 min. Refrigerate remaining caramel mixture for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over caramel layer in crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 min. to 1 hour 10 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Microwave reserved caramel mixture 1 min.; stir. Pour over cheesecake. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheesecake.
This recipe is courtesy of the good people at Kraft.
Posted by Ashley Hylsky, Library Clerk, and Terry Pierson, Library Clerk