Vegetarian Quinoa and Kale Mix
- 1 small/medium butternut squash, diced
- 1 large leaf of kale, stem removed
- 1 cup of pomegranate
- ¼ cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup quinoa
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic
- Prepare Quinoa according to package direction and let cool completely.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add a few drizzles of olive oil to a saute pan and place over medium heat. Add diced butternut squash and saute until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
- In the same saute pan add a little more olive oil and the kale. Wilt slightly, 1-2 minutes, you want the kale to still be slightly crunchy. Remove from pan and roughly chop. Set aside to also cool.
- Add all of the cooled ingredients along with the pomegranate, goat cheese, a little salt and a little pepper, and gently mix.
- Adding sauteed walnuts to this recipe is also a good option :)
For more seasonal recipes check out one of our holiday cookbooks. The library has a great selection of holiday recipe books that can be found in the nonfiction section both on the main floor and children’s floor. We have a large variety of seasonal reading so also be sure to browse our holiday displays. Happy Holidays!
Posted by Tara Burke, Library Clerk, and Terry Pierson, Library Clerk