It's almost St. Patrick's Day, so we've looked up our favorite Irish bands and made a list of the top ten shamrockin' records available for checkout in our library system (click the titles below to request a copy).
10) Moondance by Van Morrison - Moondancing is a time honored St. Patrick's Day tradition.
09) Songs of Innocence by U2 - Like a leprechaun juggling potatoes in a field of clover, Bono will not be stopped.
08) Hypnotised by The Undertones - 14 tearproof songs about chocolate and girls.
07) If I Should Fall From Grace with God by The Pogues - Shane MacGowan's singing is the aural equivalent of green beer.
06) Forgiven, Not Forgotten by The Corrs - Bodhran anyone?
05) Science & Faith by The Script - This band's light pop rock goes down smoother than a Baileys milkshake.
04) Loveless by My Bloody Valentine - Corned beef, cabbage, and shoegazing!
03) Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? by The Cranberries - Still lingering after all these years.
02) Tourist History by Two Door Cinema Club - This band is the craic.
01) The Definitive Collection by Thin Lizzy - The pot of gold at the end of the Irish rock rainbow.
Posted by Grahm Underwood, Library Clerk