Library Clerk Theo Tate and Executive Director Barbara Rhodes will both be saying goodbye to the Mississippi Valley Library District this month, as they head for greener pastures. In honor of their departures we have made a list of the top ten reasons the library will miss them.
10) Our staff now has zero women's basketball experts.
09) One of these two is known as "the Lon Chaney of Librarians".
08) Three words - Angry Birds Party!
07) At every staff meeting Barb would spend ten minutes defending The Life of Chris Gaines.
06) They were the A.C. Slater and Principal Belding of this place.
05) Actually, they were the Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope of this place.
04) Our annual Oscar pool will be a lot less exciting now.
03) Advantage, Advantage News.
02) We've grown fond of Barb's insistence that everyone refer to her as the Grand Panjandrum.
01) Obviously, the Ladies' Night.
Posted by Grahm Underwood, Library Clerk